Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The great trickle down theory of Reaganomics. It has now been about thirty years in play and I have yet to meet anyone who had anything trickle down to them. This is how Reagan claimed it worked, give tax breaks to the people on the top of the money pile, they in turn buy more stuff and the money flows down the economic pile to the middle class. Sounded good to some, I however with my feeble hormone teaming always looking for the next hot babe mind thought bull shit! The rich will not buy more stuff and the only thing that will or can run down a pile of manure is wet manure. I had this analogy I came up with back then and I still see it holds true today; A teaspoon of water poured over a pile of bull shit is just that, a teaspoon of damp bull shit. Manufacturing jobs have all but been sent over seas, not because American workers are or were lazy then, but because cheep labor equates to greater profits. Reagan started deregulating industry, banks, the phone company, cable, etc. and none of the savings promised to the American people materialized. Prices went up to offset the cost of the initial start up incurred by these new competitors and the price did not go down as promised. The list of lies from the Republican Party goes on for what seem to be forever, they create jobs, (overseas) , big government hurts free enterprise, when it was these same Republicans who have passed more laws creating big government then the Democratic Party. Look it up, they love government regulations that favor the rich, they just don't like regulations that reign in corporate greed.
One of my favorite catch phrases is entitlements. Just what is meant by that? You buy food, a car a house are you not entitled to eat the food, drive the car and live in the house? Those are entitlements. Let's see what my good friend The Oxford American says about entitle/entitled: v. [tr.] (usu. be entitled) give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something:  employees are normally entitled to severance pay.- entitlement n.
 I know that I payed my share into unemployment, Medicare and Social Security, therefore I am entitled to collect all three if and when needed,
One last thought; If you have a mortgage on your house and/or an auto loan on your car is not the bank entitled to live in the house they legally own and drive the car they legally own? After all legally they hold title. It is their entitlement as well as yours. Is it not?


did I piss you off? I will.    

No comments:

Post a Comment